Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Quarter-pint Sleeps...

Quarter-pint, oh Quarter-pint...
He's my kids who carries little toys, or pieces of toys all around the house--depositing them wherever he becomes distracted. This practice drives me CRAZY because I like to keep track of everything-to keep all the parts together. This habit is not shared by his big brother, thankfully; but Quarter-pint has taken it to the extreme.

He takes all kinds of toys to bed with him. I've been shocked by the variety of things I have found in his bed either late at night when I'm checking on the sleeping hoarder, or in the morning when I'm straightening up. Here's a list of just some of the things I've pulled out of his bed:
flip-flops (he LOVES them enough to wear them to bed!)
dinosaurs
various books
yo-yos
Buzz Lightyear, Sheriff Woody (and nearly ALL the Toy Story figures)
crayons
trucks
Hot Wheels race cars (more than one at a time)
legos
action figures
tools
blocks
sticks
rocks
trains
pirates
and more...

Not only does Quarter-pint take anything and everything to bed with him, he still sleeps wildly-moving all around and quite often getting turned around-completely the wrong way. He pleads to have the safety railings removed, but I don't dare do it yet...he still moves way too much.

Recently Quarter-pint has upped the ante at bedtime. Nearly every night when I go in to check on the boys before I hit the sack, Quarter-pint is wearing nothing but his underpants. I guess I shouldn't expect anything different; he is quite the little exhibitionist. It's been cold and rainy/snowy the past few weeks around here, and I was afraid he'd freeze at night, so I was redressing him while he slept. Finally, a few nights ago, I gave up; I figured he'd get cold and maybe keep his pjs on...but the little turkey didn't get cold and they still keep coming off!!!

No comments: