Monday, February 7, 2011

Quarter-pint Sleeps...

A few weeks ago, Daddy wasn't home when it was time to put the boys to bed. I went through the nightly bedtime rituals and then settled in on the couch to feed the baby. In a matter of minutes (this is also a nightly ritual) Quarter-pint was up and cautiously coming down the stairs. Usually, I hold his hand and walk him back to his bedroom and tuck him in again, but this particular night I wanted to finish the feeding (Peewee-pint is generally VERY patient during bedtime-I didn't want to interrupt his time!) so I told Quarter-pint to go back to bed and I would be up soon. He found a few toys on his way back to the stairs, one of which was a little hand-held video game. I could hear the game noises coming from the vicinity of the stairs, but I couldn't see the little turkey, so I knew Quarter-pint didn't actually make it back into his bed. That night I didn't really care. When the baby was full and happy (and probably a little groggy as well) I realized the stairs were quiet. I stealthily approached, and this is what I found...

2 comments:

Jeni said...

So cute! Maryn has done similar things too!!!

San Diego Spendloves said...

Very cute. What darling kids you have.