Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quarter-pint Turns TWO...

Wow-my baby is not a baby any more. Quarter-pint is TWO today! I'm amazed at how quickly the time has passed! Quarter-pint seems littler (than Half-pint seemed at two) to me, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I've thought of a few possible reasons, but I'm still not sure where to place the blame: Half-pint is so much bigger (obviously; taller, more mature, etc); Quarter-pint is on the small side for his age; Quarter-pint isn't talking as much as Half-pint did at the same age; because I don't want him to get too big...it's probably a combination of all of those reasons.

Quarter-pint is getting into that very active, busy, naughty stage. I think I blocked it from my memory. The past week or so have been nuts-compounded by Half-pint's antics. It seems every time I turn around Quarter-pint is escaping outside, climbing up the pantry shelves or playing in the garage, flushing the toilet, sitting in the middle of the kitchen table, whacking everything in sight with any long stick-like anything he can get his hands on. When I catch him being naughty, he flashes me the "I know I'm naughty, but I know I'm cute" look. Quarter-pint is definitely his own little person! He's a fun kid, but he's really busy! He makes me crazy and makes me laugh at the same time.
Quarter-pint is a joy to our family. He LOVES his big brother (and is completely convinced that he's able to do everything that Half-pint can-and he's successful at most). They are "best buddies"--with all that entails. They run and play, and laugh and hide, together.
Quarter-pint is simply delightful, sweet, honest, quiet, playful, clever, fun-loving, clumsy, teasing, curious, energetic, observant, a daddy's boy, smart, resilient, and beautiful.


Happy Birthday Quarter-pint!!! We love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He has grown so fast! I can't believe he is two already! I love all the pictures you put on there of him.

Callie and Jordan said...

Oh so cute! I would absolutely agree with all of your descriptive words of Quarter-Pint. I am so lucky to have him and half-pint as nephews.