Monday, August 10, 2009

My Boys Like to Be Naked...

On Tuesday I left Quarter-pint in his booster chair eating lunch while I cleaned up another room. When I returned to the kitchen, I was surprised to see that he had taken off his shirt. He quickly told me he was finished and wanted down; as soon as I let him out of his chair he quickly took his shorts off. At nap time he wouldn't let me put even a shirt on his skinny little body. He insisted on staying clothes-free for the afternoon. Shortly before Daddy came home from work, Quarter-pint took off his diaper to attempt potty time. We tried, but with no success (no accidents either...so not all bad); Quarter-pint still wouldn't let me get him dressed. He doesn't usually take his clothes off, so when Daddy came home to find Quarter-pint greeting him at the garage door-completely naked-Daddy was shocked. I thought insisting on wearing his birthday suit on his birthday was more than a little humorous.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Thursday we had Half-pint's last swim lesson at the outdoor pool. That evening we went to Grammy's house for a family B-B-Q and swimming (if the weather held). By the time we were finished eating and cleaning up the food it was too late in the evening and getting too chilly to get into the pool. Half-pint took the news HARD. He cried. He whined. He pleaded. He cried some more. Then he tried to reason with me. When that didn't work, he tried to trick me into giving him the car keys so he could retrieve his bathing suit unassisted. After about 10 minutes of persistent pestering; he finally got tired of the consistent rejection; he took matters into his own hands. He quickly ran outside and around the far side of the pool-then began stripping ALL of his clothes off. Daddy spotted him and in an attempt to talk him out of it said "I can't save you-I don't have my swim suit!" Half-pint jumped in anyway and cleverly responded "That's okay Dad, you can come in like me!" Grandpa thought that sounded reasonable and goaded Daddy. In the end, Half-pint got his bathing suit on (there were girls in the pool) and got to swim for a little bit; against Momma's better judgement.


(Sorry, no pictures-but it was quite a sight!)

No comments: