Thursday, May 1, 2008

When Will It Stop?

When Will It Stop?

The day after the bathroom flooded, Half-pint, Quarter-pint and I were all playing in the family room. Half-pint proudly said"Mom, look at this..." I looked up, but I could only see an empty end table. Then I realized what Half-pint had done. "Did you color on the table?" "Yep, see?" As soon as I got Quarter-pint in front of the basket of toys, I was on my feet examining the end table. Sure enough, there was a masterpiece, completed by a three-year-old. We had a little discussion about not coloring on the furniture, and only coloring on paper. Thankfully, the masterpiece was a work of pencil. After Half-pint and Quarter-pint were in bed (and Dad was gone for the evening, since I didn't bother to tell him about this episode) I got out the big eraser and removed the work of art and then polished the table. All in a Mother's day's work!

No comments: