Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When Momma's Gone...

On Saturday I had a church meeting in the middle of the day that I needed to go to. Daddy stayed home with Half-pint and I took Quarter-pint with me. I fully expected Daddy to let Half-pint watch movies the entire time because I knew he had work to do (business work, not house work). When I got home 1 1/2 hours later, I asked Half-pint:

"What did you do while I was gone?"

"I went to the basement all by-myself!"

"What did you do in the basement? Did you play with your train?"

"No, I eat doldpish"

"Did you open a new bag of goldfish?"

"Yep, I eat doldpish two times!"

"Did you make a mess?"

"Ummm, a little mess..."

"What else did you do?"

"I tiptoe (if you have ever seen Half-pints hands when he says "tiptoe"-he always puts his little hands up by his cheeks and wiggles his fingers)...and eat TOOKIES!!!" (The Oreo ring around his mouth gave away the "tookie" eating immediately!) "Then I watch my hero movie!"

"Wow! Sounds like you had fun while I was gone!"

At first I couldn't find the goldfish he had opened, so I had Half-pint show me. Sure enough, on his pint-sized picnic table was a bag of goldfish obviously opened by a three-year-old. He was right, it was only a little mess.

No comments: