Thursday, May 1, 2008

To Begin the Week...

Last week was a busy one for Half-pint. We began with the first real destructive act at the hands of Half-pint by putting a hole in the coat closet door. Granted, it was an accident, but that's still not a very good way to begin the week! We keep all the boardgames on the top shelf of the coat closet, and he knows exactly where to find them, but is much too short to actually reach them (even on a chair). He opened the door and was gazing longingly at all the games...Candy Land probably, and simultaneously bouncing the door against the door stop. It didn't take long and I heard a terrible crunching sound. When I asked what happened, and he didn't answer I began to worry. I got up and immediately saw the hole (it's not a large hole, but a hole none-the-less). I don't think he even knew what happened. After a little talk, we went to get Dad. "Daddy be mad?" Half-pint asked me as we walked hand-in-hand down the hall. Daddy was upset, but took it in stride, realizing that the perfect house he tries so hard to maintain has begun its inevitable descent into the hands of the wee-ones. I guess we're lucky that it has taken this long.

No comments: