Monday, July 21, 2008

Feeding Time...

Quarter-pint is driving me nuts. He has not been a happy eater lately. He'll eat a few bites of something, and then refuse to eat any more. So I try something else, but with the same results. And so it goes. Augh!!! At times I get so frustrated I just walk away. That was the case today. I just needed a break so I went to the computer. I could hear Quarter-pint fussing in his high chair in the kitchen. When I decided I shouldn't let him cry anymore, I ventured back to face him. What a face he greeted me with! At first I was confused, then I turned to Half-pint and asked him
"Did you feed your brother carrots?"
"Yep!"
I looked back at Quarter-pint, and then to Half-pint:
"It's kind of tricky, huh?"
"yeah."
Quarter-pint was COVERED with mashed carrots: in his hair, in his ears, all over both arms and hands, his face forehead to chin. There were carrots smeared all over the high chair and even on the floor. When I pulled Quarter-pint out of his highchair, I quickly realized that he also had carrots on his leg and even between his toes! I'm sorry I didn't get a picture, but I don't think a photo would have done the situation justice! I guess that's what I get for having a Half-pint willing to help and for leaving a bowl of mashed carrots on the table!

No comments: