Friday, May 9, 2008

Sweetly Sleeping...


Half-pint, Quarter-pint, and I have all come down with stuffy noses this past week and we haven't always felt great. Yesterday afternoon Half-pint fell asleep on the couch. Quarter-pint and I were in the same room as Half-pint began to snore. Did I say snore? I mean SNORE! I looked over at him and couldn't help but laugh and take his picture.


Because he took such a late nap Half-pint had a difficult time falling asleep at bedtime last night. After I got Quarter-pint in bed, I went to help Half-pint relax. I asked him if he wanted me to rub his feet. When he agreed, I said that I was going to get a "special lotion". He wanted to see what the new lotion looked like, but I said it was dark. He quickly thought and stuck his little index finger into the air and said "I know just the thing...a light!!! That light!" pointing to the star-shaped nightlight shining quietly on the wall. As soon as I returned with the "special lotion" we huddled around the 4 watt nightlight a examined the jar of lotion. After a foot rub I left his room, with Half-pint in his bed and yawning. When I checked on him again, he had moved all the things that are important to sleep (i.e. his teddy bear, baby, puppy, bumpy blanket and pillow) to the lazy boy chair in the corner and had his tiger-shaped flashlight shining in his face. He was sound asleep!

2 comments:

Dave said...

Rubbing lotion on his feet really makes him sleepy? There's all sorts of parenting tricks we have yet to learn...

C said...

Rubbing lotion on his feet doesn't MAKE him sleepy, but it often helps him settle down and relax. (You will soon find out simply settling down and actually stop moving is half the trick of falling alseep!)