Friday, August 1, 2008

Project...

A few days ago (I haven't had a chance to sit down and blog) I was working on a project. Half-pint pulled out his box of "kid kraft" supplies and said he wanted to do a project also. He pulled out "eberthing I need" to make his project. First he drew a picture of Sally-the neighbor dog. Next, he drew a picture of me. Now, I'm not sure how accurate of a portrait is it, but I think it's great because it's only been recently that eyes, nose, mouth, etc. have actually been inside of the head. He's making some real progress. Although I think my hair is really a reflection of Quarter-pint's hair. After he finished drawing, and gluing and putting a heart on my cheek, he said:
"Mom, what your name?"
"Mom."
"How you spell it?"
"M-O-M"
"Okay, like this?"
Now, check out the letters inside the circles in the bottom right corner of the picture. I was shocked and amazed! He hasn't really ever tried to write his letters or even know what all the letters look like. Wow!

No comments: